The Livingston County Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the School Board representing the District 5 Precinct seat which encompasses North Smithland, South Smithland, and Tiline. This appointment will be effective until a November 2023 special election. Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget.
Board members must:
• Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
• Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
• Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
• Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
• Complete required annual in-service training.
If you have any questions, you may call and direct those questions to Dr. David Meinschein at 270-928-2111. Applications are available at the Livingston County Board of Education Central Office at 1370 US Highway 60E in Burna, KY 42028. Return your completed applications to the central office or mail them to: ATTN Superintendent David Meinschein, PO Box 219, Smithland, KY 42081.