|PARENT & STUDENT HANDBOOK|| |
| || || |
|MISSION STATEMENT: The staff of Livingston Central High School accepts the responsibility to educate all students at high levels of academic performance through knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for life-long learning by utilizing effective teaching strategies that facilitate positive social and emotional growth. Our purpose is for each student to become a cooperative, productive, caring citizen.|
GUIDELINES FOR SUCCESS: All staff and students at Livingston Central High School will be treated with respect and dignity. Everyone will be expected to do their best to strive to reach their full potential.
- Show respect to all faculty, staff, and students.
- Be responsible for your own actions and behaviors.
- Do your best at all tasks.
- Cooperate with others.
- Be an active participant in our school’s community.
|STAFF GUIDELINES FOR TEACHING STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY AND DISCIPLINE (LIVINGSTON COUNTY BOARD POLICY III)|
All staff members contribute to Livingston Central High School’s friendly, safe, and inviting environment. We set the tone through our actions and attitudes. Our continuous support and encouragement of students will be demonstrated through five important procedures:
| || || |
- We will teach students expectations for responsible behavior in every school environment by relating student actions to our guidelines for success. We will encourage students to show respect, be responsible, do their best, cooperate with others, and to be an active participant in school life.
- We will provide positive feedback to students when they are meeting expectations and following the guidelines for success.
- When minor misbehavior occurs, staff will view the misbehavior as a teaching opportunity, responding with calm, consistent corrections or consequences.
- We will work collaboratively to solve problems that are chronic or severe in nature.
- We will be consistent with the rules.